The Regional Director — Community Health is responsible for the strategic direction and oversight of community health efforts throughout the communities served by SSM Health ministries in the St. Louis region.
Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Provides oversight and direction for the CHNAs for all hospitals in the region and contributes to the CHNA process as needed
- Collects and analyzes internal and external data in service of CHNA processes
- Facilitates collaboration between community stakeholders in CHNA process
- Ensures community engagement including diverse groups within the community in CHNA process
Community Health Improvement Planning and Action:
- Identifies and implements policies, programs, and services that align with identified community health needs
- Makes evidence-based decisions for policies, programs, and services
- Effectively evaluates the impact of policies, programs, and services (e.g. outputs, outcomes, processes, procedures, return on investment)
Community Engagement and Cultural Awareness:
- Creates and maintains partnerships and opportunities for individuals and organizations to collaborate to improve health in communities served by the ministry
- Ensures diverse perspectives of internal and external stakeholders are honored
- Identifies public policy advocacy opportunities in alignment with community health needs and organizational advocacy leadership
- Ensures local ministries are participating in a local community health strategy
- Develops the regional strategic direction of community health in collaboration with St. Louis leadership and other local community health staff
- Contributes to and implements system-level community health strategy
- Helps to integrate public health competence within the broader activities and efforts of SSM Health
- Planning and Management
- Ensures community benefit reporting is accomplished in a thorough, timely, and accurate manner
- Leads and manages a community health team across region
- Manages department budget
- Utilizes evaluations of the impact of policies, programs, and services to support informed decisions about programming
- Identifies and generates support for budgeted dollars that are sufficient to support programming
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in community health
- Master's degree
- Hospital or health system experience
- Familiarity with Catholic health care
SSM Health — System Office —
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.