Apply here: https://wwwapplytracking.com/track.aspx/SbB6i
Care Site Description
We are a nonprofit, faith-based healthcare organization that operates nine hospitals, three safety net clinics, one children's mental health center and more than 190 ambulatory service centers in three states - Colorado, Montana, and Kansas. Based in Denver, we are dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Denver Metro Care Sites:
- Saint Joseph Hospital – Denver, CO
- Lutheran Medical Center – Wheat Ridge, CO
- Good Samaritan Medical Center – Lafayette, CO
- Platte Valley Medical Center – Brighton, CO
Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver)
MSU Denver continues to be a gateway to opportunity and a courageous change agent for Colorado. MSU Denver's entrepreneurial spirit drives public-private partnerships and programs that give students unique opportunities while meeting Colorado's workforce needs.
Registered Nurses provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians' orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. Our RNs fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient's medical status upon admission and throughout the patient's course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Associate's Degree in Nursing, with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of employment, required
- Current and unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado, required
- Current Basic Life Support Certification, required
Experienced RNs with one or more years of employment in a hospital setting are welcome and encouraged to apply.
This posting will not count as your formal application – you must apply through www.msudenver.edu/nursing directly.