Travel and Reimbursements
Speakers are responsible for making all travel arrangements.
For traditional, 60-minute breakouts, CHA will provide complimentary registration to the 2019 Catholic Health Assembly for up to two (2) session presenters. For one (1) presenter, CHA will reimburse for round-trip, economy-class travel to the Assembly plus one night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel, along with reasonable other reimbursable expenses. (See Reimbursable Expenses section below for details.)
For PechaKucha sessions, no more than one (1) presenter will be allowed. CHA will waive that presenter's registration fee for Assembly, plus reimburse for one (1) night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel. PechaKucha presenters are not eligible for reimbursement of air, ground or rail transportation expenses.
CHA will not cover registration fees or travel expenses for more presenters than noted above.
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's Travel Expense Form. Send the completed form and corresponding receipts via mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
NOTE: Forms must be received by July 5, 2019. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
- Coach air travel to and from the Assembly —One (1) presenter of a traditional, 60-minute presentation may submit for reimbursement of coach, round-trip airfare. Please include your airline receipt with any other eligible travel expenses using the expense form noted above. (PechaKucha presenters are not eligible for reimbursement of air, ground or rail transportation expenses.)
- Personal automobile — For traditional, 60-minute presentations, reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made on the basis of the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (0.58¢ per mile) up to the amount of the lowest logical coach fare. (PechaKucha presenters are not eligible for reimbursement of air, ground or rail transportation expenses.)
- One night's lodging — CHA will pay for one (1) night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel, the Dallas Sheraton. You are welcome to stay for the entire Assembly; however, you are responsible for any additional room nights. CHA has secured a block of sleeping rooms at the Dallas Sheraton. A special CHA discounted rate starting at $189 single/double (additional taxes/fees will apply) is available to Assembly attendees through May 17, 2019, or until CHA's room block fills, whichever comes first. You are strongly encouraged to make your reservations as early as possible.
Note: You must first be registered for the Assembly in order to book a room at the Dallas Sheraton. Visit the Registration page to register and you will be able to reserve your hotel room at the end of the registration process. If you are already registered, please call CHA's housing provider at (833) 853-0550 to book your room (visit the Location page to learn more.)
- Ground transportation — Fare for shuttle, taxi or light rail, etc., between the airport and the Dallas Sheraton Hotel.
- Parking — Airport parking expenses or hotel parking, if driving your own car. (Please visit the Location page to learn what options are available for parking.)
- Other incidental expenses — Reasonable and customary meals, tips, telephone calls, Internet connection, and other incidental expenses incurred in conjunction with presenting at the 2019 Catholic Health Assembly.
- In-room movies
- Gift shop purchases or personal care items
- Barber/hairstylist charges
- Hotel health club fees
- Mini-bar charges
- Laundry service
- Alcoholic beverages not consumed during meal times
CHA provides a PowerPoint template for speakers that reinforces the graphics and theme of Assembly 2019. You are encouraged to download the PowerPoint Template and use it when developing your presentation. (If you do not wish to use the CHA template, you may use your own.) PLEASE NOTE: Your PowerPoint presentation must be submitted to CHA no later than May 17, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of room setup and audiovisual equipment will be available for my presentation?
The setup of meeting rooms may vary, depending on room assignments and/or presentation style. For information about your presentation, please contact Kim Hewitt, (314) 253-3421.
I've been selected to present a PechaKucha session. How does that work?
CHA will have a one-hour segment in the Innovation Forum devoted PechaKucha presentations. You will be one of six (6) presenters in the segment. Following a 20x20 rule, each of you will show 20 images, with each image on the screen for 20 seconds. The slides will be preloaded on a laptop and advanced automatically, which will help you all present your stories in a concise, compelling and engaging format. For additional questions about PechaKucha, please contact Kim Hewitt, (314) 253-3421.
Which software applications and what versions will be available on-site to support my presentation?
Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Office Suite 2016), and Adobe Acrobat .pdf files.
Can I embed graphics in my presentation?
Yes. To keep the file size of your presentation down, we recommend that you scale and crop your images to the desired size prior to placing them into PowerPoint.
How many people can I expect to attend my session?
Session attendance is dependent on the number of persons registered for the Assembly. The Innovation Forum sessions will be available in two time blocks.
Who will be in the audience?
The annual Catholic Health Assembly attracts an audience of senior leaders/decision-makers (executives, trustees, clinicians and senior managers) from Catholic health care systems and facilities across the continuum of care (such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community outreach programs), as well as sponsors of ministry organizations.
May I bring an additional person to support my presentation? Will CHA cover expenses?
For a 60-minute, traditional breakout, CHA will waive the registration fee for Assembly 2019 for up to two (2) session presenters. Additionally, CHA will reimburse for round-trip, economy-class travel to the Assembly plus one (1) night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel for one (1) session presenter, as noted in the guidelines for the 2019 Call for Innovative Ideas.
For a PechaKucha session, no more than one (1) presenter will be allowed. CHA will waive the presenter's registration fee, plus reimburse for one (1) night's lodging at the Assembly headquarters hotel.
May I stay in a hotel other than the assembly headquarters hotel? Will CHA cover that hotel room's costs?
If you choose accommodations other than at the Assembly headquarters hotel (the Dallas Sheraton Hotel), provide CHA a copy of your receipt for lodging (see below). CHA will reimburse you for one night's stay up to the equivalent cost of one night at the Assembly headquarters hotel.
Will CHA reimburse my driving expenses rather than coach airfare to Dallas?
For a traditional, 60-minute breakout, reimbursement for personal automobile use will be made for one (1) presenter, based on the IRS mileage allowable for business miles traveled (0.58¢ per mile), up to the amount of the lowest, logical coach fare. (PechaKucha presenters are not eligible for reimbursement of air, ground or rail expenses.)
May I submit my request for reimbursement of travel expenses via the web?
Please submit all travel expenses using CHA's 2019 Expense Report Form. Please download the form, fill it out and mail or email it to:
4455 Woodson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63134-3797
Forms must be received by July 5, 2019. Be sure to include copies of your receipts.
For additional information:
Kim Hewitt: (314) 253-3421